23/10/2007

Industrial Training: The Beginning

Day 1

Very excited to go for training in ORNA. However, it's a good weather to lay in bed as it was raining. I drove to ORNA and stopped at the gate, wondering where I should park my car. Then I went in cautiously and park my car, where I think it is unoccupied.

I went in the office, and I was the only trainee there. There are actually 8 more trainees from MMU. I was quite suprised that I'm the first there.

After all 8 of us came, we were asked to fill in a bunch of forms. Then given each a spoon and fork (use for meals). A briefing about the company was given, and ended at lunch hour, 12 noon. By the way, lunch is FREE at Orna. Eat all you want policy is the best policy! haha ^^

After lunch, we were guilded to our department. Without safety shoes, we were asked to moved freely in the department office. We should be given uniforms and safety shoes on 1st day of work. So we sat there, doing nothing but reading a few ENGINEERING magazines till 530pm. 4 1/2 hours and all I did was read magazines and write my logbook. Boring...!!! ~_~

 

Day 2

It was still raining this morning. Reach workplace and punch my card (I forgot to write my attendance on 1st day). Got my uniform and safety shoe. My shirt was so dirty and had oil stain, so I asked to change it. The lady in charge was so kind to let me change. I wanted to change my safety shoe as well, but my size ran out. So I might as well wear the bigger size shoe with thicker socks.

A short briefing was given to us in the department. By the way, my classmate, Li Hao and I are in the same department. Then I was assigned to do a construction site survey. I was asked to take photos of the site everyday, and prepare a report every week.

Besides that, I was asked to follow up a past project where I need to prepare a report for it too. I was asked to read through the information of the project which was 2 inch thick. Then I was brought to the site where both the construction and the past project were done.

With nothing to do and 1 more hour till 530 pm, I help out Li Hao on his translation job. He was asked to translate a few safety instructions from English to Malay. He was busy with his testing job on a newly installed system, E-MOS, so I help him on the translation. Doing nothing there will definately make you unease as everyone is doing at least something. Personal thoughts... ^^

I finished writting my logbook at work too. I had too much free time... :-P

 

I calculated I found out I actually don't have much free time left after work.

24 hour - (8 hours work) - (1 hour prepare to go work) - (8 hours of sleep) - (1 hour dinner)

= 6 hours left / day

 

My life becomes meaningless already...!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great start.
    Training is really a new encounter,many new experiences bought to us.All the best to you~!

    ReplyDelete