06/06/2008

Gift from the government - RM 2.70 / litter petrol

Just arrive from Taiwan 2 days ago... What I heard when I reach home was petrol price will increase to RM 2.70 per litter on the next day. What a surprise from the Malaysia government for welcoming me back.

DSC00929

~ Super traffic jam at every petrol station ~


Petrol price hike 78 cents per litter, more than 40% increase.

I overheard that the Prime Minister will announce the new petrol price at 5pm in the news. It was 430pm. I was too tired after the trip so I fall asleep.

I woke up at 7pm and found out that the petrol price increased to RM 2.70 per litter. It was too late for me to fill up my petrol. So I went out for dinner and went out to fill up petrol at 10pm. It took me 1 hour to get my petrol filled up. The petrol stations were full with cars queuing for their turn to fill up petrol at RM 1.92 per litter for the last time.

I pump full tank cost RM 70, but now it cost RM 100 for full tank.

DSC00951

~ Almost my turn to pump petrol ~


Now everything was affected after the petrol price hike. Of course, petrol rise of 80 cents will cause teh tarik price to increase 20 to 30 cents. haha...

Everyone took the opportunity to increase their price as well. However, they need reasons for the raise in price. What are their reasons...???

Transportation company manager: "We need to increase the price because the price of spare parts, tires, raw material increased"

Mamak stall tauke: "...because price of the electricity, raw material, hot water increased..."

DSC00962

~ Finally my turn to fill up petrol ~


Everyone will think of any reasons to cover up... Their final intention is to gain more profits from the petrol price hike...

We employees will be the only ones who suffer from the petrol price hike, plus inflation. And yet our salary remains that that "minimum" level...

Similar post from mandyals: http://mandyals88.blogspot.com/2008/06/blog-post_2917.html

No comments:

Post a Comment