17/09/2007

FYP Presentation Preparations - 4 days left

white32So sien! Hot weather! Even after taking shower, I can still feel the heat. My FYP presentation is coming, this Friday. Today, KK ask me whether we need to let our supervisor to have a look at our presentation slides. Chee Yoong also recommended us to let our supervisor know what we are presenting this Friday so that he may help out. However, I am worried that the more frequent we go consult our supervisor, the worst impression we will give to him.

 

We tried to consulted him a few times (not more than 6 times). Every visit was unpleasant. There's once we when to consult him at his consultation hour. We reach his room and knock at the door. We knew he was inside, but than the door was locked. We waited for 30 seconds white68but still no response. So we knock again, and then only he came to the door. He stuck his head out through the small gap between the door and frame, and asked whether we had anything? We felt like he was not welcoming us. Even unwilling to let us into the room. So we told about the purpose of us consulting him. Then only he let us in.

 

Last week, I went to consult him to clear some doubts on our FYP. But he had a visitor there, so I asked whether I can come back at 3pm (his FYP consultation hour). He nodded. So KK and me went after lunch at 3 pm to see him. We meet him on our way to his room. Below was the conversation:

 

Mr. L: "Is there anything?"

(On his hand was a thermos, he's going out to take hot water, I guess)

KK: "We wanna see you regarding our FYP"

Mr. L: "Can u come on my office hour?"

Me: "Sir, I had booked with u this morning. I told I would come back at 3pm."

 

He dun really remember by the looks on his face. Then he walked back towards white66his room, and peak on his timetable to find a slot for us to come back. What he saw was that time, 3 pm is his FYP consultation hour. Only then he unwillingly let us into his room, and gave us advice. But we know that he was not happy about it.

 

After all that, I am very afraid to go consult him. The least the best. Who knows what he would do to our FYP coursework marks as 70% is on his hand.

 

It is maybe due to the influence of the previous seniors. They only meet him 3 times. 1st for FYP title registration, 2nd to show him the product, 3rd before their final presentation. One thing to note is the seniors only started their work on the 3rd trimester. They did nothing during FYP Part 1 (1st Trimester). Thus, giving Mr. L an impression that we have a lot of problems compared to the seniors. Now most of his FYP students are not sure whether to consult him to clear their doubts. Even better was KK and me have more side-supervisors. Wewhite21 consulted other lecturers more than we consulted Mr. L. Because everytime we asked whether this could work, he'll answer: "It's up to you!". What the hell! If we know it would work, what's the purpose of us consulting you...??

No comments:

Post a Comment