18/04/2008

Graduation with Submission of FYP Report

 

I haven't been updating my blog for quite some time. I was too busy with my FYP report although I manage to submit it in time. However, there were so many unnecessary information that I include in my report. It was too late for me to correct the extra information as I had printed out 2 copies of the report. It was too frustrated to do the checking since I have did it so many times before the due date.

clip_image002[12]

~ The design of my rotating machine in SolidWorks ~

 

09042008(036)

~ Tadda !!! ~

~ Rotating machine fabricated by me and my partner ~

 

Originally, my report had only 80+ pages. However, during the last few days before the submission date, I found out that I forgot to include something I had done on part 1, the static analysis.

 

clip_image002

clip_image002[6]

clip_image002[8]

~ 3 static force analysis done on the design ~

 

Later, on the last day before the submission. I found out the method to do the dynamic analysis for my design. I got so excited that I continue doing the analysis for 3 hours. I only got a basic dynamic analysis without any numerical results. I manage to ontain only visual simulation of my design. The outcome of this dynamic simulation was not very satisfactory.

 

clip_image002[10]

~ Visual dynamic analysis ~

~ Springs in red shows the spring is under stress ~

 

Just by adding both these simulation sub-chapters, my report was extended to 100 pages, excluding preliminary pages, references, and appendix.

 

My FYP presentation was set on 24 April 2008 (Thursday) afternoon. Hopefully I can get my dynamic simulation done with numerical results before my presentation.

2 comments:

  1. The Rotating machine looks very solid loh..Keng.
    After the presentation then our nightmare will be over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully it will be over!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete