27/04/2008

Interviewed so soon?

 

I went to an interview on 5 April 2008 at PERMATA at Bangi. It was an interview session organized by my scholarship sponsor, PETRONAS. I wasn't expecting the interview session to begin as early as April. It was not expected to start at least until June 2008. I was shocked to  receive an email regarding the interview. Furthermore, I was invited to stay overnight for the interview session.

 05042008(005)

I was informed to report in between 815am to 845 am. So I started my journey from Bkt. Beruang as early as 6 am. I had never been out of bed at 6 am since I ended my industrial training. I made my way to PERMATA in time. Many scholars were there when I arrived.

 

We had an intervention on the interview around 9 am. I wasn't sure what is "intervention"... my housemates told it is something like a seminar... So it was.

 05042008

Breakfast was provided before the intervention started. I wasn't expecting anyone whom I would recognise from my ECP 1 & 2 days. Most of the scholars that I know had finish their studies because my course would take me 5 years to complete. Other couses only takes 4 years. To my surprise, I met Shuhkri & Fahmi during breakfast. Both of them changed a lot since we last met.

 05042008(001)

On that day, after the intervention, our abilities were tested through 3 tests, namely Numerical Test, Verbal Test, and Essay Writting. The numerical test was the most difficult test I had ever done. 20 questions with graphs and calculations (calculators cannot be used !) in 20 mins. I only manage to complete 12 questions.

 

After these tests, me and Fahmi went back to our room to take a break. We were provided with a room with 4 beds, but only 3 scholars will be staying. The room was fantastic! A 4 star rating hotel stay.

 05042008(003)

My interview was on the 2nd day. It was relaxing when the interview started. After a while, my opinion was asked regarding "blaming culture". So I answer with ease. Then the interviewer fire me with another question: "How do u stop blaming culture from propagating?" I answer and the interviewer was not satisfied. I really had a bad day during the interview. I got so depressed that my mind gone blank. I am glad that it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment